Are you consciously choosing the training mode for each of the training that you are doing? There are many choices of training modes available, so how do you decide what is best suited?
· Internal subject matter expert led classroom training
· External specialist\trainer led classroom training
· Enrol into an external program
· Enrol into an online course
· Create eLearning training content
Once you have identified a training need, what are the factors to keep in mind when deciding on the mode?
1. The topic – Is the real expertise residing in-house or not? If it is a topic relevant for an entire industry, you are very likely to find the experts outside. It may be a classroom trainer or an online program. Do keep in mind if you need tailoring of content. If it is a very topic that is specific to your organization, you are better of asking an internal expert to train, rather than asking an external trainer to tailor his related course.
2. The audience – How would the learners want to learn? Are they comfortable learning in classroom or do they prefer learning on a device? There is a misconception that the lesser educated employees can\will not self-learn on a device. Many a times they are hesitant of classroom interactions and can self-learn more freely.
3. Logistics – Are the learners fine with getting pulled out from their regular work for some hours\days for a training? What does it mean for the work tasks they must complete? What is the cost of pulling them out in addition to the cost of physical logistics? Is it better to give the choice of deciding the training time to the learner?
4. Recurrence: How often do you need to repeat the training? Would it make sense to develop many internal trainers who can deliver? Or would it make sense to get the training online?
Consciously asking yourself the above questions will help you arrive at the correct training mode.
Nittio learn is a learning automation platform that will enable you to take most of your trainings online – most, not all, because we know that for some aspects, human trainers still cannot be substituted. Check it out at www.nittiolearn.com or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org